We are proud to support, along with other national arts organisations, the Step Change programme run by the National Theatre in partnership with Bristol Old Vic, Live Theatre and The Lowry. Step Change is a national programme for professionals seeking to progress / develop their careers in the management of the performing arts, supporting those in need of a change of direction.
Focusing predominantly on arts administration roles (including producing, management, project management, learning, development, marketing, cultural policy etc), Step Change expands the range of opportunities for those hoping to make a transition within or into the arts, especially those who are overlooked and underrepresented.
Step Change is for individuals who:
- are at early/mid career level with a relevant transferable skillset
- are mature and self-aware with the ability to evaluate and take ownership of their own professional development
- have experience of working – preferably within the arts – for either a large organisation, a small one, independently, or all three (minimum three years, no maximum)
The programme involves:
- Induction session (1.5 days in January 2017)
- Residential Masterclasses (3 days each in March | June | October 2017)
- Secondments at Host Organisation (40 days, April – December 2017)
- Evaluation session (1.5 days in January 2018)
Hear from previous participants about their experiences in this short film: Is Step Change for me?
There will be several ‘Applicant Preparation’ sessions during w/c 3 & 10 October where you can hear more about the programme and meet previous participants.
Deadline: Monday 31 October 2016
Step Change gives you the confidence to articulate your future
I would not have been able to make such a career move without the help and guidance I received through Step Change.
George Moustakas, Participant 2012